A fire in a bathroom exhaust fan at a Masury home was contained to the box holding the unit, but the attic filled with smoke, Brookfield firefighters said.
The call came in at 3 p.m. from 929 Linden St.
Firefighters had to poke a hole in the bathroom ceiling to make sure fire had not spread, and also pulled down from soffit and insulation where the fan vented outside, said Fire Chief David Masirovits.
Renter Jennifer Patterson, who has renter’s insurance, was allowed to return to the home.
The property owner is Jeff Waltimer, who has insurance.