Firefighters from four departments were mopping up and assessing the damage from a fire that destroyed a garage and damaged a house Jan. 3 at 8192 Davis St. in Masury.
Resident Larry Scott said there was a wood burner in the garage.
He was inside the home when the fire broke out.
“A friend of mine, she just came over, she said, ‘Your garage is on fire,’” Scott said.
Scott moved his Kenworth semi-tractor truck and his pickup, which were in the driveway in front of the garage, down the street and away from harm.
Flames shot way over the top of the garage, and attached electrical lines sparked, sending out blue, fireworks-like bursts.
Scott said he had a lot in the garage but, “Basically, the only thing in there I really give a (expletive) about is a motorcycle, a dirt bike.”
Scott said he had insurance.
The singe-story home, built in 1960, is owned by John and Marcy Lumpp of Brookfield, according to the Trumbull County Auditor’s website.
Brookfield Fire Department pulled in help from Sharon, Vienna and Hubbard firefighters.
The fire was called in at 8:52 p.m.