A group home employee was treated by Brookfield Fire-EMS personnel for smoke inhalation after a clothes dryer fire Sept. 4 at 7615 Warren Sharon Road, just east of Yankee Run Golf Course, said Brookfield Fire Chief David Masirovits.

It was not expected that the employee would be transported to a hospital, Masirovits said at the scene.

“We’re not sure exactly what the exact cause was,” Masirovits said. “It was inside the dryer, contained to that.”

The rest of the occupants got out safely, he said.

“They put it out with an extinguisher before we got here,” Masirovits said. “We just had to put a little bit of water on to stop the smoldering.”

Damage was limited to the dryer.

Although firefighters could not pinpoint a cause of the fire, Masirovits said lint contributed to the fire, and he recommended that lint be cleaned out of dryers every couple of months.

“They make an easy kit that attaches to a cordless drill and you can run it right through your pipe and clean it right out,” he said. “A lot of fires are caused by dryer lint buildup.”

The building is owned by Richard and Roseann Sereday. Kaleidoscope Inc. of Masury runs the group home.